Wine Business & Culture
At one time or another, almost every wine lover has fantasized about buying a small vineyard and making their own wine. LdM welcomes the aspiring sommelier, the future wine buyer, the vintner-to-be, and anyone else who is in serious pursuit of a career in the wine industry. By combining the practical knowledge of wine traditions and flavors with a strong, theoretical foundation in marketing, students establish a rocksteady link between their Italian study abroad experience and their next step to becoming a wine professional, whether that next step is a summer internship back home or that first job inside the global wine market.
- Students majoring in business, communications, hospitality, tourism, and/or food studies.
- STEM students majoring in chemistry, food science, plant and soil science, and/or viticulture.
- Anyone with the goal of working in today’s competitive global wine industry.
- BUS/IGC 252 Wine Business and Marketing
- IGC 170 Wine and Culture I: Wines of Italy
This certificate is offered both as a 1-month program and as a 2-month program.
During the 1-month program, students attend two courses at one LdM campus. Students who wish to make the most of their time abroad and spend two months in Italy, can opt for the 2-month enrollment, taking the first course in June and completing the program in July.
- 1-month program: Tuscania, July (Wine and Culture I : Wines of Italy; Wine Business and Marketing)
- 2-month program: Tuscania, June (Wine and Culture I : Wines of Italy) + July (Wine Business and Marketing)
- 2-month program: Florence, June (Wine and Culture I : Wines of Italy) + Tuscania, July ( Wine Business and Marketing)