Wine Business & Culture
At one time or another, almost every wine lover has fantasized about buying a small vineyard and making their own wine. LdM welcomes the aspiring sommelier, the future wine buyer, the vintner-to-be, and anyone else who is in serious pursuit of a career in the wine industry. By combining the practical knowledge of wine traditions and flavors with a strong, theoretical foundation in marketing, students establish a rocksteady link between their Italian study abroad experience and their next step to becoming a wine professional, whether that next step is a summer internship back home or that first job inside the global wine market.
- Students majoring in business, communications, hospitality, tourism, and/or food studies.
- STEM students majoring in chemistry, food science, plant and soil science, and/or viticulture.
- Anyone with the goal of working in today’s competitive global wine industry.
- BUS/IGC 252 Wine Business and Marketing
- IGC 170 Wine and Culture I: Wines of Italy
This certificate is offered in Tuscania during the July 2023 Summer Session.
Application Deadline: May 15th