Italians know art. Art helps us heal, circumvent the limitations of language, and exercise creative wellness in our personal and professional lives. In this last year, have you turned to the arts – fine, visual, and performing – to communicate expressively and cultivate resilience? Our species has leaned on art since the dawn of time, and over time, neuroscience and cognitive research have taught us why the arts are essential to human psychological development. There is nowhere better to stretch one’s creative limits than Italy, where inspiration is inevitable and art is all around you
- Psychology majors curious about a career in art therapy.
- Art practitioners and students of art (majors and non-majors) who are curious about the underlying psychological mechanisms of creative well-being.
- Currently or formerly employed art therapists looking to develop a competitive edge.
- PSY 320 Psychology of Art and Human Creativity: Self-Growth and Resilience Through Inspiring Practices
- PDM 150 Expanding Creativity
This certificate is offered in Florence during the June 2022 Summer Session.
Application Deadline: April 15th