Italians know art. Art helps us heal, circumvent the limitations of language, and exercise creative wellness in our personal and professional lives. In this last year, have you turned to the arts – fine, visual, and performing – to communicate expressively and cultivate resilience? Our species has leaned on art since the dawn of time, and overtime, neuroscience and cognitive research have taught us why the arts are essential to human psychological development. There is nowhere better to stretch one’s creative limits than Italy, where inspiration is inevitable and art is all around you
- Psychology majors curious about a career in art therapy.
- Art practitioners and students of art (majors and non-majors) who are curious about the underlying psychological mechanisms of creative well-being.
- Currently or formerly employed art therapists looking to develop a competitive edge.
- PSY 320 Psychology of Art and Human Creativity: Self-Growth and Resilience Through Inspiring Practices
- PDM/SCU/PHO/PER 150 Expanding Creativity
This certificate is offered both as a 1-month program and as a 2-month program.
During the 1-month program, students attend two courses at one LdM campus. Students who wish to make the most of their time abroad and spend more time in Italy, can opt for the 2-month enrollment, taking the first course in June and completing the program in July.
- 1-month program: Florence, July (Expanding Creativity; Psychology of Art and Human Creativity)
- 2-month program: Tuscania, June (Expanding Creativity) + Florence, July ( Psychology of Art and Human Creativity)