LdM Institute aims to foster a study abroad environment in which students are stimulated to reach their full potential and where academic quality is valued and nurtured.
Non-native English speakers are required to demonstrate that they have reached a high-intermediate level in the English language skills, with certification or other evidence equivalent to the following minimum overall TOEFL scores: Paper Based Test 550+, Computer Based Test 213+, or Internet Based Test 80+.
Academic Year students must pay the rent for both semesters, but they only need to pay their housing deposit once. Housing is provided for the Fall and Spring semesters. It is not provided during the winter break between the Fall and Spring semesters.
Students staying for two consecutive summer sessions must pay their rent for each session, but they only need to pay their housing deposit once. Housing costs will cover the rent for the reserved months, including the one-week break between summer sessions, but only for two consecutive sessions in the same city.
LdM housing services include:
• Rent, with fixed Check-In and Check-Out dates as specified
• Repairs that are not caused by students
• Average Utilities (water, gas, electricity). Any costs above the average consumption will be charged to the students sharing the same apartment and subtracted from the housing deposit.
• Internet connection
Housing services do not include:
• Damage(s) caused by students, extra cleaning and excessive consumption of utilities. (Please see the specific details in the Check-Out procedure form.)
LdM housing services may differ between campuses.
For further information, please check the specific campus or the Housing Services page.
Contact [email protected] for more information on academic prerequisites.
The following grading system applies to all LdM courses:
A = 100 – 93%, A- = 92 – 90%, B+ =89 – 87%,
B = 86 – 83%, B- = 82 – 80%, C+ = 79 – 77%,
C = 76 – 73%, C- = 72 – 70%, D = 69 – 60%
W = Withdrawal W/F = Late Withdrawal F = Fail
“W” – Withdrawal
Students who officially drop a class after Final Registration and before the “W” deadline will receive a “W” on their transcript. No credit will be awarded for the course.
“W/F” – Late Withdrawal
Students who officially drop a class after the “W” deadline and before the “W/F” deadline will receive a “W/F” on their transcript. No credit will be awarded for the course.
“F” indicates that:
• All the course requirements are complete but unsatisfactory by the end of the term.
• The student has dropped the course without submitting the official withdrawal form by the deadline.
• No credit will be awarded for the course.
NOTE: Courses that are officially dropped before Final Registration day will not appear on the student’s transcript.
Details regarding add/drop/withdrawal dates and procedures will be provided during the Orientation session of each term.
Pass/Fail and Incomplete
LdM does not offer Pass/Fail grades or Incompletes, only letter grades.
• Punctuality is mandatory. Students must arrive in class on time: any lateness or leaving class early will impact the participation grade and the Final Grade.
• Students are responsible for keeping track of their absences and for catching up on any missed work.
• For no reason (i.e., religious holidays, travel plans, family matters, etc.) will absences be excused.
• Make-up classes are always mandatory as part of the course program.
• Students will receive an “F” on each exam they miss.
• Students who leave LdM before the end of the term must fill out an Official Withdrawal Request form and return it to their advisor. Students who submit the form by the “W” Withdrawal deadline will receive a “W” for each non-completed course. Students who submit the form by the “W/F” Withdrawal deadline will receive a “W/F” for each non-completed course. Students who leave LdM without submitting the form will receive an “F” in each non-completed course. In all cases, students will not be eligible for credits or receive a refund.
• Students who absent themselves from courses will have their final grade penalized.