Visual Communication for Fashion
The Visual Communication for Fashion Certificate program is an exploration of contemporary visual design development and technology in the ever-changing field of fashion. From window displays to fashion shows and gallery openings, students will discover the importance of being a professional in visual communications.
The Program teaches students the technical skills needed to compete in the market from quick sketching to photography. Courses give students practice in analyzing trends, while teaching them to look at design as a cultural and aesthetic expression and using brand positioning strategies to communicate fashion identity, both traditionally and digitally.
Facilities provide students with a fashion CAD lab equipped with the industry software and technologies. The fashion library offers dedicated space for research and development including resources for fabric, color and trend forecasting materials.
• Introduction to the Fashion Industry – 3 credits/45 hours
• Fashion Illustration I – 3 credits/90 hours
• Fashion Communication – 3 credits/45 hours
Students are required to choose two courses from the following:
• Principles of Fashion Photography – 3 credits/90 hours
• Visual Merchandising – 3 credits/45 hours
• Anthropology of Fashion and Desirability: Beyond the Catwalk – 3 credits/45 hours
– Computer lab equipped with the latest industry software and technologies
– Classrooms equipped with design tools and instruments
– Material samples
– Library specifically focused on the fashion industry, including periodicals, books, press, and movies