The Fashion Sustainability certificate gives students insight to understand the issues surrounding sustainable thinking. The program provides awareness to eco-friendly methods and processes in contributing to the preservation of our planet. This course of study offers an examination into emerging trends implemented to meet consumer demands for product transparency and effective communication in consumer’s purchasing habits.
The curriculum addresses diverse areas of sustainable practices within the fashion industry and material alternatives while broadening an understanding of the Italian perspective of sustainable textiles, food and business.
- Introduction to Fashion Industry FAS 100 3 cr / 45 hrs
- Sustainable Materials FAS 191 3 cr / 45 hrs
- Fashion and Sustainability FAS 347 3 cr / 45 hrs
- Experimental and Sustainable Fashion Design FAS 360 3 cr / 45 hrs
Students are required to choose one course from the following:
- Corporate Social Responsibility BUS 200 3 cr / 45 hrs
- Environmental Philosophy PHI 230 3 cr / 45 hrs
- Sustainability: Science, Political Economy and Business BUS/POL 259 3 cr / 45 hrs
Computer lab equipped with the latest industry software and technologies
- Classrooms equipped with design tools and instruments
- Material samples
- Library specifically focused on the fashion industry, including periodicals, books, press, and movies