All Other Applicants: Certificate Program Costs
CERTIFICATE PROGRAM COSTS 2020-21
The following cost information applies to the Certificate Program, including Semester Certificates, One-Year Certificates, and One-Year Professional/Advanced Certificates.
For the LdM Italy Study Abroad Program costs, please click here
Costs are dependent upon program and housing selection. Please be sure to read carefully all conditions regarding your selections.
Dates refer to arrival/departure, for more information please consult the academic calendar.
Certificate Programs (Year 1) are for students with no prior knowledge in the selected field. Professional/Advanced Certificate Programs (Year 2) are for student with a solid background in the selected field.
Following the updated academic calendar, we would like to inform you that the new regular housing check-in for the Fall semester will be on September 24th. The check-out will be on December 12th. We are constantly monitoring the situation to revise the procedure for the housing check-in and orientation, in order to grant a safe arrival for everybody. Once things are clearer, we will be able to provide you with more details.
Under these special circumstances, we have decided that for the Fall semester LdM housing will only offer accommodation in shared apartments (homestay option is this time not available). Our apartments will accommodate from 2 up to max. 4 students and that they will only have single rooms.
These are the new housing fees for the Fall semester in Florence:
The housing rent includes: apartment rent from the check-in date to the check-out date, average utilities (water, gas, electricity, Internet connection) and one apartment cleaning every week (instead of every 2 weeks). Please note: the housing fee refers to a spot in a single room. In case you have a specific and special request for double occupancy, we kindly ask to contact us per email to evaluate this request together.
As usual, all apartments will be located in the historical center, at a walking distance from LdM premises and from the main city highlights and services. Although every apartment is different in size and style, LdM can guarantee a list of standards for all of them.
Fall 2020 Semester and Spring 2021 Semester Certificate Programs, One-Year and Advanced/ Professional Certificate Programs Cancellation Policy
If an official cancellation notice is received by LdM:
- 20 days or more before the start of the term, the student will be liable for 20% of the tuition cost.
- 19 to 7 days before the start of the term, the student will be liable for 30% of the tuition cost.
- 6 days to the beginning of the term, the student will be liable for 50%of the tuition cost.
After classes start, no refund will be due to students who do not attend or who withdraw from LdM.
- In case of program interruption due to Covid-19 related regulations (at home country or in Italy) prior to program start, students will be given the option to remain enrolled in the distance learning model or withdraw from the program. Full tuition will be refunded in case of withdrawal from the program.
- In case of program interruption due to Covid-19 related regulations (at home country or in Italy) once onsite, students will transition to the distance learning model.
Fees are not transferable to other persons. Students will receive the refund minus the cost of any transfer fees.
HOUSING CANCELLATION POLICY FALL SEMESTER 2020:
Due to the current Covid 19 situation the housing department has decided to revise our housing cancellation policy for Fall 2020:
- Any cancellation must be communicated in a written withdrawal form which can be requested. Please remember that once the student arrives in Italy, no refund will be made for any reason whatsoever in the event of a student deciding to cancel change or vacate an assigned apartment.
- If a student cancels 30 days or MORE prior to the check-in date, the € 250 security deposit and € 850 advance of the rent payment will be refunded.
- If a student cancels 29-16 days preceding the check-in date, the student will lose the security deposit (€ 250) but will be refunded the €850 advance of the rent payment.
- 15-10 days preceding the check-in date, the student is liable for the € 250 security deposit and € 850 advance of the rent payment.
- If a student cancels 9-0 days preceding the check-in date – or fails to check-in to his or her housing assignment – the student is responsible for the full rental amount of the accommodation for the entire academic term.
- The student will be fully liable for the total housing cost and housing deposit if no official notice of the student’s cancellation is received by LdM before check-in.
- Please be aware that the € 250 security deposit and housing rent are not kept by LdM but retained by the landlord to partially cover the loss of the occupant.
- In case of program interruption due to Covid-19 related regulations (at home country or in Italy) prior to program start, students will be refunded for the housing deposit and full housing cost.
- In case of program interruption due to Covid-19 related regulations (at home country or in Italy) once onsite, students will be refunded for the housing deposit and the unused portion of housing cost.
HOUSING WITHDRAWAL POLICY FALL SEMESTER 2020:
Students deciding to withdraw from their housing assignment during the academic term remain liable for their total housing cost. When formally withdrawing from LdM Housing during an academic term, however, students are eligible to receive a Housing deposit refund following a checkout inspection of their Housing accommodation. Housing deposit refunds are processed 45-days following the end of the academic term.
- The student will be required to vacate his or her LdM Housing assignment within 24-hours of completing the LdM Withdrawal Form.
- The student is required to follow LdM Check-Out procedures.
- The student is responsible for paying all Housing debts and will be eligible to receive a refund of his/ her Housing deposit 45-days following the end of the academic term.
- Eligibility for Housing deposit refund will be based on inspection of the apartment at time of Check-Out. LdM reserves the right to withhold the release of transcripts until all debts (if any) are paid.