There are the two core objectives for all humanities: to teach consideration of all positions, and to teach the making up of one’s own mind. LdM recognizes our present moment in human history. Global leaders are wrestling with bioethical questions surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, while journalists and media syndicates choose disparate positions on how to frame the crisis for citizens of the world. Media literacy and critical thinking have never been more important, and at LdM, civil discourse on controversial topics encourages students to express their opinions without fear; to learn argumentation, value empirical research, and confidently share their rational thinking.
- All majors, all classifications.
- Students involved in debate teams, media clubs, and/or preprofessional organizations for journalism and/or media.
- Anyone who feels frustrated or confused by current world events and is seeking to enhance their skills for engaging knowledgeably in controversial dialogue while
- COM 245 Media Ethics
- PHI 288 Contemporary Issues in Bioethics
- 1-month program: Florence, June (Media Ethics; Contemporary Issues in Bioethics)
View all Summer Certificates 2021:
Wine Business and Culture
At one time or another, almost every wine lover has fantasized about buying a small vineyard and making their own wine. LdM welcomes the aspiring sommelier, the future wine buyer, the vintner-to-be, and anyone...
There are the two core objectives for all humanities: to teach consideration of all positions, and to teach the making up of one’s own mind. LdM recognizes our present moment in human history. Global leaders...
Italians know art. Art helps us heal, circumvent the limitations of language, and exercise creative wellness in our personal and professional lives. In this last year, have you turned to the arts – fine,...
LdM introduces environmentally mindful students to the natural and agricultural realities of farming in Italy and around the world. The COVID-19 pandemic has placed a spotlight on global food insecurity – an...